- Still madly in love with the MCU: Phil/Clint is the OTP of my heart and no one will ever convince me that Phil went away and came back and Clint was never told about any of it. I will especially not be convinced of this through the cunning use of fanfiction.
- Still reading comics: Mostly Marvel (Young Avengers, Fearless Defenders, Secret Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and that one with all the purple. I think there's a dog in it too.) (I am behind on *all* of these titles.) Also Satellite Sam, Quantum and Woody, and Sex Criminals.
- Still in the same house, same job (which I still love), same car, and have the same dog.
But there's new stuff!
- PACIFIC RIM!!! So S2 wants to go see it and I'm all "okay. what the hell," and guys. I love this movie so much! I don't think it's a particularly *good* movie, but the fannish heart wants what it wants. The Blue Ray came out last week and so I've been watching it
occasionallya lot and my god is some of that dialog clunky and unnecessary (see above, not a good movie). But there are kaiju and jeagers and badass Russians and the most adorable pair of bickering scientists ever ❤❤❤❤! (yes, I ship it like a shippy thing. shush.)
- On the tee vee there are shows. Sleepy Hollow is fun and adorable (Abbie❤) and Arrow is back (Felicity❤) and I have The Blacklist on the DVR as yet unwatched.
- Of course I'm watching Agents of SHIELD because Coulson. And wow, a lot of you all don't have a single nice thing to say about it. I honestly don't know what people were expecting to have let so many down so spectacularly. (I could expound upon my theories, but perhaps I'll save that for another post.) It's obviously a show that needs to find its feet and it's getting better with each episode.
- I've been making stuff. I saw an adorable bit of fan art on Tumblr of Phil cuddling a Hawkeye plushie and decided to make one of my own. So I made a couple of little guys first to get the hang of things. Then I made something bigger. Then I decided that I needed to dress as Newt Geiszler for Halloween and maybe New York Comic Con and hey, wouldn't it be cute if Newt had a plush kaiju? The cosplay didn't get done in time for the con, but the kaiju did! I carried her around for two of the four days and she was a big hit. So I'm a plushie maker now.
Crossposted from Dreamwidth. You may comment there using OpenID